Project Manager – LATAM
The Project Manager coordinates and executes all changes required to improve the management of the contingent workforce across the company Operations and HQ. This involves building a baseline of the current situation, developing a common foundation for contingent workforce management, defining and implementing the target management process and implementing the necessary enablers in terms of resources and IT tools. The Project Manager coordinates with Group Procurement who will explore the potential outsourcing of contingent workforce management. Finally, the Project Manager coordinates with Group HR who defines the holistic workforce strategy and the project team that will define the commission process.
Geographic scope: all Latam Operations and HQ locations
Direct Line: Group VP Procurement Supply Chain and Logistics
Project Duration: 9 to 12 months
No Direct reports to this position
Our contingent workforce is a very important resource pool
- Contingent Workforce includes quasi-employees (hired through a separate company), temporary staff, individual contractors, free-lancers, and people who temporary support us on an agreed scope of work (SOW)
- Our Contingent Workforce of >30,000 people, larger than our pool of the company Employees
- The main areas where this workforce is deployed is sales force, call center operators, field services, Stores. They are also deployed in various General and Admin areas.
- In addition, we have resources working for us under Service Contracts (such as Managed Services) for whom we need to manage accesses.
The management of the contingent workforce has weak spots that must be addressed
- Today we have only partial visibility and control of number of resources and related cost
- Local HRs are coordinating about half of this resource pool, the rest is coordinated by the local User Departments
- We tackled the immediate SOX concern around Access Controls, but this process remains largely ‘manual’ and should become more robust
Strengthen our baseline understanding
For each Operations in scope,
- Develop the baseline of the current resources involved with managing the Contingent Workforce, e.g. number of people profile, responsibilities, home department
- Describe tasks and drivers related to managing contract labor
- Outline the current governance model and process to manage Contingent Workforce: RACI, process flows, maturity, enabling tools, supporting KPIs, access control mgmt.
Define & roll out a common foundation for Contingent Workforce Management
Agnostic of the current governance and IT support structure in each market,
- Clarify and define the resource groups that are in scope for Contingent workforce management. Document and obtain approval for this Scope definition. Any resource groups that are left out of scope need to be clearly identified and notified to Group Functional Team for further action. Develop and roll out a reporting format and requirements to enable company-wide consolidation of contingent workforce quantity and cost on a monthly/quarterly base. Define the related company-wide accounting standards on how contingent work force are reflected in P&L or in Capex.
- Develop and roll-out a policy on company-wide access control standards that must be in place with respect to the Contingent workforce, to ensure SOX adherence
Formalize the Target Governance
- Define and obtain agreement on the company-wide allocation of target governance to manage the contingent workforce in each Operation, if necessary differentiate between different workforce types
- Transform each Opco to comply with target governance
Define Target Processes
- Translate the target governance in target processes to manage the contingent workforce
- Describe processes on activity-level, if necessary differentiate per OpCo and/or per user-case (e.g. sales force, field service, call center, experts, stores…)
- Translate processes into RACI, enabling IT-tools, guidelines and reports and KPIs
- Translate the Access Control Standards in Access Control Processes, considering their target governance and IT landscape
- Identify and appoint (hire if necessary) the required resources to execute the processes, in line with the target governance
- Train resources in the target processes, monitor implementation and ensure continuous improvement
Implement quick-fix upgrades to IT tools
- Define the improvements possible with the existing corporate toolkit of IT systems
- Ensure implementation of the identified improvements, with help from the IT team
- Work with Local HR, Finance and Procurement to cover the core project tasks
- Report progress and recommendations to Group VP Procurement on a weekly base, and to Group and Local steering committees on a monthly base and as needed
- Work with Group and local IT to strengthen tools
- College degree in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, HR or Finance
- Knowledge of core HR and resource planning processes
- Ideally Lean six sigma or similar process improvement knowledge
- Native Spanish speaker, conversational English
- Minimum 5 years of business experience, ideally in HR, Procurement of Finance
- Solid Project Management Experience
- Leading by Connecting: Be able to bring cross-functional stakeholder together on a project base. Be able to find consensus between different Operation. Highly effective verbal and written communication skills
- Leading by Delivery: Posses strong analytical skills. Be able to bring structure and lead project delivery. Able to anticipate and overcome problems. Able to deliver on time with quality results. Good eye for detail and accuracy
- Leading by Vision: Be able to articulate the change into benefits for the stakeholders involved. Be able to apply industry best practices to our company context
- Leading by Change: Able to identify and implement the steps required to change and improve our ways of working.
- Leading by Owning: Be self-driven. Take responsibility for own results as well as for team results and values. Stimulate this attitude in others, make co-workers accountable and conscientious. Be able to work with integrity, can-do attitude personality and undisputed business ethics.