Presales Consultant – Consulting Project Manager – Prague
Telecommunication is a major international telecom company that is active in more than 150 countries and offers various network and voice services.
The candidate sought is for a Consulting Project Manager position at one of Telecommunication’s Premiere Accounts.
Overview – Consulting Project Manager
The Consulting Project Manager will report to the Project Services Manager and is responsible for the management of assigned projects-requests conforming to PMI standards.
The Consulting Project Manager can be made responsible or assume responsibility for any type of projects-requests within the Project Office such as Customer oriented, Internal, and large, small (standard) projects. Additionally the Consulting Project Manager will discuss with the customer the functional requirements of the project and translate these into a high-level design including costs, associated timelines, and any restrictions regarding the solution and must adhere to the standards as developed by for the client, and to the clients own standards & policies.
The Consulting Project Manager role is based in EMEA and will primarily involve, but is not limited to projects within the EMEA theatre.
Due to the nature of as a global organisation, the Consulting Project Manager may be required to be available for project related activities outside normal working hours.
The Consulting Project Manager has the following key responsibilities:
• Write quotations containing the project request, requirements, constraints, high-level design, restrictions, hardware and man power costs;
• Interfacing with relationship managers, implementation managers, coordinators, customer network engineers and project managers as required to translate a request into a sound quotation;
• Translate functional solution requirements into high-level designs;
• Ability to manage multiple projects / project teams simultaneously;
• Efficient delivery of projects to the Customer, within agreed timescales and budget;
• Forming project teams with required resources and ensuring resource availability throughout project lifetime;
• Initiation of projects through project kick-offs;
• Understand, implement and support global TCP/IP schema and LAN/WAN/Voice technology directions
• Maintaining a detailed understanding of LAN/WAN/WLAN/WAAS technology, TCP/IP schema, firewalls, proxies
• Maintaining a detailed understanding of voice including but not limited to IPT and TDM PBXs, contact centres and Key Systems by Avaya, Cisco, Nortel
• Provide technical oversight of IT infrastructure projects related to voice and data networking and related technologies
• Participate in large scale, multi-functional projects which may include, product development, merger and acquisition, and divestiture activities, with an open and creative mind set, focused on delivering business solutions as mutually agreed to
• Research current data network and voice configuration and call-flow (as necessary), compare to standards and design data solutions, to meet established business requirements and needed capacity
• Identify telecommunication infrastructure optimization opportunities
• Design and implement configuration for Microsoft Lync Enterprise Voice, executives, administrative assistants, mutually approved non-Customer end-users, contact centre agents, analog devices, DECT systems, paging, security, e911, and other adjuncts at sites
• Review and technically approve project proposals
• Create dial plan configurations specific to each site location
• Review call flow programming and create test plan
• Provide advice/input or designs on end points for specific individuals and use-cases
• Deploy Customer User Experience (HUE)-oriented cost-effective solutions based on needs of Strategic Business Group (SBG) or Strategic Business Unit (SBU)
• Act as a technical interface with businesses, internal teams, Customer third-party suppliers, Customer end-users, and solution providers to help ensure processes and tools are in place and/or are followed to support the environment, and meet business needs
• Coordinate efforts and technical support with Customer third-party suppliers
• Being an advocate for IT and Customer end-users with Customer third-party suppliers to deliver services under established SLAs
• Continuously evaluate service level results oriented to SBG/SBU satisfaction
• Document and share telecommunication infrastructure procedures, architecture and network topology
• Submit, review, and approve Change Management requests
• Participate in go-live support of a site when implemented, and transition it into Operations for steady state support
• Analyse business processes, and assess business needs to assist with the development and deployment of network services and solutions
• Provide consultation services to the business as requested for project consideration, business continuity or operational planning, cost savings or other business needs
• Coordinate activities with and provide technical guidance to Customer third party suppliers and Customer
• Identify training requirements for Customer end-users within the scope of the project
• Other assignments as needed and mutually agreed upon (developing educational materials and curricula, communicating knowledge and skills via a combination of classroom and on-the-job teaching exercises, focusing training on knowledge, skills and competencies for the management services associated)
• Perform intakes with project requestor;
• Assist the customer to understand potential implications of a request and which solutions could be offered that best meet the customer’s requirements within the guidelines of the network architecture;
• Liaising with the CLIENT Business, CLIENT organisations as required by the scope of the project;
• Adhere to the standard processes and procedures and project management tools as defined within and relevant to the Project Office;
• From time to time may be required to assist multiple programs performing the elements above.
Skills and Qualifications
The Consulting Project Manager will have the following skills and qualifications:
• Experience and understanding of complex, global networks;
• PMP Certified
• Cisco CCVP, CQS, CCNA and CCDA certifications
• Good understanding of Internet family of protocols with special emphasis on MPLS/BGP VPNs, BGP, OSPF etc.
• Complex network infrastructures (Cisco routing and switching, familiar with level 2 and level 3 implementations;
• Proven experience with complex WAN, LAN, Wireless LAN, and LYNC , IPT-Cisco Call Centre Manager, and Unified Communications infrastructure;
• Affinity with network protocols as IP, HTTP, HTTPS, SSL, SMTP,SNMP, DNS and FTP;
• Experience with firewalls and firewall rules (NAT, Checkpoint, Juniper-Netscreen);
• Experience with Proxy servers;
• Experience with network based load balancing;
• Extended experience with Internet services such as Internet mail, Web browsing and Web Hosting;
• Affinity/interest for security issues concerning network infrastructure;
• At least 4 years’ experience in managing, designing/implementing network, voice, and security requirements.
• Good verbal and writing skills in both the English and local languages;
• Strong communicator both internally and to the Customer and third parties such as vendors;
• Experience and understanding of complex, global networks;
• Experience with firewalls and firewall rules (Cisco, NAT, Checkpoint, Juniper-Netscreen);
Other key personal qualifications are:
• Customer focus;
• Team player;
• Fluent in English;
• Work independently;
• Able to write documentation and communicate effectively with team-members in a global organization;
• Able to work in a structured manner and according to processes and procedures;
The successful candidate is someone who is adept at formal project management practices and can function effectively in a dynamic and global environment. The candidate must be able to work independently, is an effective problem solver, and can lead and manage their projects and teams in an effective an efficient manner.
• Work days are generally, but not limited to, Monday – Friday, 8 am – 5 pm;
• Working from home incidentally is possible;
• Travel to other countries serviced by Telecommunication may be required;