Lawyer – Miami
Our client is a leading global a leading Swedish entrepreneurial investment group, proud to be one of the earliest pioneers in commercial mobile telephony. They have grown annual revenues to more than US$6.25billion and are now uniquely positioned in frontier and emerging markets between the high growth sectors of mobile, social and content. They operate in African and Latin American markets, with corporate offices in Miami, Luxembourg and London. They have more than 32 million mobile customers of which 11.8 million are smartphone data users. 4G has been recently launched in Latin American markets in response to rapid demand.
Role Description and Responsibilities
Our client is looking for an accomplished Lawyer to join their Miami team, with a strong background in compliance, AML or white collar crime.
Required Experience and skills
• A minimum of six years of proven total experience, including compliance and investigative functions with exposure to the Latin America market.
• Foundational training in a top law firm, with a focus on one or more of the following: white-collar crime, investigations, FCPA, AML or other complex litigation. Experience at firm should include advising clients on compliance matters and conducting internal investigations.
• Direct experience working in lesser developed regions and first-hand experience and awareness of the cultural and geopolitical nuances in Emerging Markets.
• Up-to-date knowledge of current and emerging legislation, standards and regulations (as well as compliance monitoring techniques), including UK Bribery Act, US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and other international laws. • Demonstrated leadership capabilities – thinking strategically, influencing skills, functional and business management, strong written and verbal communication skills, relevant business process knowledge, global project management, and risk management methodology.
• Experience using case management platform such as Navex, conducting document reviews and using document review platforms, performing interviews, and analysing facts to generate findings and recommendations.
• High level verbal and written communication skills, including experience detailing facts and explaining analysis of complex issues through both oral presentations and written memoranda.
• Fluent in English and proficiency in Spanish.