Field Support Engineer- Bulgaria
Job Issue Date:
Job Start Date:
A leading global provider of security and intelligence data mining software is looking for a FSE (Field Support Engineer) for supporting of complex and advanced systems.The FSE must have knowledge of a wide variety of IT and telephony technologies, both software and hardware.
- Providing the first level of technical support to the company's customers.
- Perform hardware and software installations and integrations and system upgrades.
- Perform the basic diagnosis and troubleshooting of hardware and software problems associated with service requests.
- Track and follow-up on customer service requests, until they are closed.
- Apply hardware and software resolutions and approved configuration changes.
- Perform scheduled maintenance activity on hardware and software systems.
- Site survey preparations, documentation production and update.
Qualifications and skills
- Proactive, highly motivated individual.
- Excellent communication and Fluent English.
- At least 3 years of experience in the software industry.
- EU National, with ability to pass the security clearances required at the company's customers.
- Technical requirements:
· Hardware knowledge and physical installation. Fault-finding to Field Replaceable Unit level.
· Storage technologies SAN / NAS (e.g. Netapp and EMC).
· Windows server installation, configuration and administration (Win2k3 onwards).
· Active Directory configuration and administration.
· CITRIX configuration and administration (Xenapp onwards).
· Red Hat Linux configuration and administration.
· VMware virtualization.
· Database – Sybase ASE, Sybase IQ, Mysql, SQL server.
· Networking Protocols and Infrastructure understanding.
· Telecommunications protocols and technologies (GSM / GPRS / 3G / UMTS / 4G (LTE) / PSTN / SS7 / E1 / T1….).
- Analysis technology (Packet sniffing and capture. Data traffic and packet stream analysis tools).