Field Marketing Manager – Dubai
Job Issue Date:
Job Start Date:
The company is a large Telecom American Multinational company designing and selling wireless network equipment such as cellular transmission base stations and signal amplifiers, enterprise mobility solutions, home and network mobility, mobile devices.
The Field Marketing Manager has primary responsibilities for:
- Field Marketing (Channel and Direct Customers) in Dubai and Managing the overall marketing direction and spend in area in alignment with MILSSA and global priorities.
- Support sales and drive marketing activities in Dubai and Middle East Alignment with priorities of Country and Sales Managers to deliver marketing initiatives in support of overall business results
- Balance marketing requirements for customers and channel partners in area to drive marketing support of sales goals
- On a quarterly basis, roll-up programs and provide concise reports that outline how the marketing initiatives were executed against budgets with respect to MDF and COOP.
- Understand the strategic positioning and market share by product and vertical in Dubai and Middle East based on input from the Strategy team
- Work with the Solutions Marketing Managers and Digital Marketing group to deliver lead results and when required also translation and localization assistance.
- Should be aware of major deals taking place in Dubai and key players (sales, distribution, partner) and end customers so as to influence and support the outcome
Candidate should be able to effectively communicate and report out to senior members of:
- Regional Management
- Sales management teams
- Event teams
- Interactive teams
- Product Teams / Solutions Marketing Teams
- Channel Management
- Business Operations
The Field Marketing Manager is expected to be an active participant in budget, sales and key partner planning meetings and operational reviews.
Key deliverables include:
- Owning, evangelizing and driving cohesiveness within field marketing (channel partners and direct customers) across area
- Development of and adherence to the marketing budget for SSA Customer, Co-op and MDF marketing spend
- A full understanding and communication of business drivers for the management, sales, customers and partners, including competitive, market, business and economic information
- Develop and implement effective umbrella marketing strategy and activities for Dubai and Middle East to capture the growing opportunities within the solution and product spaces.
- The Field Marketing Manager will be responsible for ROI measurements and recommendations for change, if needed to drive growth in the country or region.
Successful candidate must have the following attributes
- Leadership ability
- Experience working closely with senior sales management
- Results driven, self-starter who can lead without day-to-day direction
- Effective working cross-functionally and in matrixed organizations
- Marketing and business acumen
- Customer and Channel-Oriented
- Proven problem solving and conflict-resolution skills
- Extremely cost conscious and a win/win negotiator
- Bachelors degree required, Masters/MBA preferred
- Deep understanding of Channel focused Marketing requirements
- Strong knowledge of public safety, services or enterprise marketing, based on industry experience with a focus on business-to-business marketing within the channel
- Understanding of Oil and Gas/ Transport and Logistics or Public Safety Customers
- Finely honed analytical skills and Demonstrable project management skills
- Marcom experience, including events management
- Demonstrated African experience interacting with distributors and reseller, identifying channel needs and aligning these with business strategy
- Agency or vendor management
- Relevant outbound Product Marketing expertise
- The position is located in Johannesburg in our clients Office.
- This the person must live within a reasonable driving distance from our clients office and must have access to a vehicle and be prepared to use this for work purposes and get expenses reimbursed.
- Some international travel is to be expected. Expectation is about once a quarter, but may vary.
Preferred skills – Advantageous:
- Language proficiency in English or Arabic