Compliance Framework Specialist – Miami
Job Issue Date:
Job Start Date:
The Compliance Framework Specialist reports directly to the Regional Compliance Manager Latam, it is part of the global compliance operations team and manages the key elements of the company-wide compliance framework. At the direction of the Regional Compliance Manager Latam the role holder is responsible for the day-to-day support of the Compliance Framework such as the policy framework and platform, and all other Compliance tools and processes. The role holder serves as the interface with the organization and provides first-hand support on all matters of the compliance tools and processes. The Compliance Framework Manager works also closely with the Regional Compliance Manager Africa and the Compliance Strategy and Operations Manager, to continuously improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the global Compliance Framework and to ensure alignment of the tools and processes for the achievement of expected global/local annual deliverables.
- Report to the Regional Compliance Manager Latam with a global (company-wide) span of control and accountability for day to day operation of the basic elements of the Corporate Compliance Framework.
- Manage and maintain Compliance tools, platforms and processes, and act as super user vis-a -vis the organization.
- Manages the Compliance Framework including HQ record retention process for internal or external assessments.
- In collaboration with the Compliance Strategy and Operations Manager and the Regional Compliance Officers, devise new Compliance policies and revise existing ones and manage standard templates and forms.
- Help design, manage and coordinate the annual communication and training plan for HQs, and local operations.
- Help manage the Internal Control Manual updates and self-assessment campaigns in collaboration with Business.
- Maintain and update the Compliance Heatmap, the Risk Register, and the company risk tool for HQ purposes and goals.
- Help organize GRC Committees with Global Heads of Departments invitations, agenda, minutes.
- Based in the Miami office.
- Occasional travel to other HQ locations or operations (10%-15%)
- Supports the Global Compliance team with the management and improvement of tools, processes and annual plans that constitute the Global Compliance Framework.
- Works with the regional compliance managers for the implementation, mapping and standardization of processes and tools of local operations, in alignment with HQ.
- Works directly with the Human Resources and Communication Departments for the implementation and improvement of the compliance annual training and communication plan.
- Works directly with the Global Risk and Internal Control departments for the review, development and the current implementation and evaluation of the risks register and the internal controls manual for HQ.
- Liaises with all internal departments for the assessment of the HQ Compliance Heatmap.
- Keeps management informed of project status through periodic status reporting and project updates.
- Written and verbal Communication Skills
- Relevant Business Process Knowledge such as risk and control frameworks (SOX, Internal Audit, Internal Controls)
- Risk Management methodology
- Designing and delivering effective communication messages and training materials.
- Proven experience of compliance frameworks and internal controls.
- Demonstrated success and on-the-ground experience on policy management including designing and writing simplified policies and procedures.
- Good understanding of risk management methodology.
- Established track record of managing compliance tools and processes.
- Experience of designing and or delivering training.
- An individual with a solutions-oriented, can-do attitude who challenges status quo and takes on responsibility for simplifying existing methodologies or defining new ones.
- A team player who possesses the cultural awareness and sensitivity to work effectively across multiple geographies and departmental boundaries.
- A robust, tenacious, and service-minded person who has the ability to drive through solutions to problems quickly and effectively.
- An analytical and agile individual with the ability to focus on key issues. Able to work with ambiguity in a commercial and fast paced international environment.
- Written and verbal Communication Skills.
- Relevant Business Process Knowledge such as risk and control frameworks (SOX, Internal Audit, Internal Controls).
- Risk Management methodology.
- Designing and delivering training.
- Policy design and management.