Accounts Payable Associate
Job Issue Date:
Job Start Date:
Position Description: The Accounts Payable associate will be responsible for monitoring the invoice processing activities in the Brokerage Frankfurt office. The successful candidate will be working closely with the Brokerage business units and global teams supporting the Accounts Payable activities, vendor setup, invoice processing and audit, system and bank reconciliations, employee reimbursements, payment processing and dispute resolutions. This position will involve comprehensive audit analysis, strong attention to detail, understanding of local tax regulations, and enforcement/guidance on Firm policies and procedures.
- Performing invoice audit ensuring that invoices processed are VAT complaint and adhere to Firm and business unit policies
- Responsible for collecting, filing and archiving the invoice documents in line with the local tax requirements and documents retention policies
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly review of the Accounts Payable activities; Invoice processing and payments, Employee reimbursements, Call Back Verification and various other operational activities and projects.
- Monitor and manage the accounts payable operational reports and work with the business units and supplier to resolve payment disputes or expedite payments
- Review and reconciliation of electronic invoices submitted by suppliers; Reconcile supplier statements
- Create, update and maintain operating procedures and identify opportunities to enhance process efficiency.
- Assist with various Accounts Payable audits; obtaining documentation, running reports through one of the AP systems and providing information to the Auditors.
- Assist business units with system related questions
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements. Enter new or update vendor names and data
- Handling Rush/Sensitive AP invoice request. Ensuring proper information is provided and processed in a timely fashion.
- System reconciliations, reconcile AP ledger to the General Ledger
- Participate on conference call and meetings with the global Accounts Payable governance teams in London and New York
- 1-3 years of Accounts Payable experience
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and German VAT requirements
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Experience working with remote teams
- Effective communicator with client facing experience. Good facilitator, confident in working with others at all levels
- Very strong team player who is comfortable multi-tasking and works well under pressure
- Ability & willingness to adapt to new challenges in a dynamic environment and with changing priorities
- Strong PC skills in use of Excel, PowerPoint & in house systems/applications such as SMAART, Ariba, Concur & Reporting Datamart;
- Strong work ethic and drive and attention to details
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- English and German languages