Application Engineer – UK
Engaged to deliver Client across 8 stations on the new Crossrail Project. The Client commissioning team on each station will comprise a Lead Engineer, along with Senior, Junior and Apprentice commissioning engineers. It will be the lead engineer’s responsibility to ensure that the commissioning team is put to work safely and act as the main focal point for the client and other contractors on site.
The lead engineer will work closely with the *** Client Commissioning Manager making sure that all the commissioning procedures, processes and assurance documentation is adhered to and completed correctly
Role and Responsibilities
• Assign engineers to specific work tasks each day in accordance with the commissioning program
• Raise Works Request Application (WRA) and issue to the Tier 1 / 2 contractor who manage the weekly Work Authorisation Document process.
• Attend the weekly WAD meeting
• Provide support to the *** project commissioning manager and effectively communicate all resource requirements throughout delivery.
• Delivery of commissioning assurance documentation including FAT and SAT.
• Manage and monitor the day to day commissioning activities in line with the agreed programme of works, Commissioning plan, and client expectations to achieve our completion goals / Key Dates.
• Communicate and liaison on a day to day basis with our client on all commissioning activities, testing, witnessing and handover.
• Co-operating with all stakeholders in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
• To ensure that the most effective utilization of resources within the station commissioning team is carried out on a daily basis.
• Provide technical commissioning support to the commissioning team on site including all necessary training to overcome the daily issues that arise.
• Manage the software and graphics versions and all necessary documentation to support change control.
• Ensure applicable local and industry codes and standards are implemented in our daily activities.
• Good communication skills with effective leadership qualities.
• Promoting equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
The candidate will ideally have some, but not necessarily all, of the following:
• Knowledge of *** Comfort Point software and EBI graphics platform.
• Knowledge of other Client systems and platforms including integration.
• Software and graphics capabilities, preferable in *** products, but Trend, Siemens, Johnsons ect as a minimum.
• Ability to problem solving in difficult and demanding situations.
• Understanding of the Railway Industry and in particular NR’s and LUL’s assurance process.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to work effectively as a team leader.
• Experience of and successful track record in a similar role on a major rail or infrastructure project.
• SSSTS accreditation
• CSCS accreditation
• Relevant engineering qualifications